Monday, March 2, 2009

Smartboard or Promethium Board???

I can honestly say that I do not have experience with the Smartboard at all. I have limited experience with the Promethium Board because of my Classroom Management class from Intermmediate Block. During this class, we had a visitor come and explain some advantages of using the Promethium board. Before the instructor came to talk to us about the board, we were to take a tutorial online showing us how to use the Promethium board to our advantage in the classroom. I must say that I enjoyed learning about this new technology and seeing it in action. I think that I would definitely like to have the Promethium board in my classroom in order to show students different things firsthand immeidately, instead of them having to watch a video on a VCR. In addition, the Promethium board has added aspect to it called Activote. I am fascinated with Activote, it is like playing jeopardy. Each student is given an answer keypad and they enter their answer as soon as they know it. Immediately the teacher can see which students got the right answer and which ones chose the wrong answer. This tool would be great in studying for a test. Furthermore, I like the fact that the students can interact with the board. They can physically walk up, write on the board, and immediately see what they have written. By using new the new types of technology available to us, we can benefit our students in the greatest way possible for their education.

No comments:

Post a Comment